The comments and views expressed here do not reflect those of my employer, my doctor, my bookie, or anyone really, including myself.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas-ness


Here in the Miramichi there's an event they do called the "Living Christmas Tree": they build up this big layered scaffold in the church, decorate it like a giant tree, and a choir stands on it to perform christmas songs, accompanied by a kind of light show done with the tree lights.

That's an absolutely terrible description. I'm not doing the event justice in the least, and cameras aren't allowed during the show, so I have no photos to tell the story properly. But it really is quite beautiful, people come from all around to watch it, and the singing is wonderfully done. Worth seeing if you're ever in the area at Christmas time.

Anyway, what I've posted above is the angel artwork I did for the program. Nothing fancy, just a simple line drawing; I was thinking about reduction and reproduction, and I didn't want to clutter it up too much. Still, I thought it turned out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment