The comments and views expressed here do not reflect those of my employer, my doctor, my bookie, or anyone really, including myself.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Wonderful World of Notepad Doodles


As the title says; stuff I drew on notepads. The top two are me having fun with the Dark Crystal; I still have vivid memories of them showing us that movie in grade school, a double feature with Nosferatu. Can you imagine showing a bunch of grade school kids Nosferatu? Yeesh. 'Course back then we had to battle vampires on the way to school all the time, not to mention the giant ants....

...back on the topic, I liked the way the Mystic turned out, but the Chamberlain there is looking a bit goofy. Not threatening at all. Kinda like a turkey with a scimitar. Although, come to think of it, a turkey with a scimitar would be kinda scary. Like when I was a kid, and we had to fight chickens armed with flails. Or did we construct flails and name them after chickens.....?

....back on the topic, bottom left is something I drew with a sharpie when I was listening to a lot of Diana Krall. Not that the drawing LOOKS like Diana Krall. But you can imagine her maybe SOUNDING like Diana Krall. If drawings made sounds. Which they don't. On the other hand, people usually don't name mock medeival weaponry after barnyard foul either. I don't exactly remember why we did. It had something to do with the video game "Altered Beast", which we played on our Sega Master System. When weren't fighting vampires. Or Turkeys. Or Ants.

...lastly does anyone remember the the movie "Doctor Detroit"? Dan Aykroyd playing a guy pretending to be a pimp? He wore a wig? And glasses? And a gauntlet? The guy from "Head of the Class" was in it? What kinda name is "Arvid" anyway?

Well, the last drawing is not of Dan Aykroyd. But it's meant to evoke the wacky zaniness of the film.

I hope you found this educational. Profound insights don't just grow on trees y'know.

1 comment:

  1. I love these drawings Sean. Sweet zaney style! Your wonderful world of note pad sketchs leaves me feeling warm.




    ... In my pants.

    No. But great work. =)

    ReplyDelete