The comments and views expressed here do not reflect those of my employer, my doctor, my bookie, or anyone really, including myself.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Feeling Tauren


I don't play World of Warcraft. I will, in all likelihood, never play the game. I really don't play too many video games in general, and I've never managed to get into any of the RPG ones.
And yet, I find WOW strangely compelling. My ears perk up and I listen avidly when I hear my co-workers discussing it (and they discuss it often). I read "Looking for Group", a web comic I find delightful, especially the bits with Richard. I find myself cruising the community site, and occasionally, the Armory. I listen to the soundtrack when I'm working. I'm kinda jazzed about the new "Death Knight" Class.

And yet, I don't really wanna play the game. I'm content with knowing the difference between a Blood Elf and a Night Elf without wanting to play one. Or dress up as one, if those Blizzcon photos are any indication.

I honestly don't know what this says about my personality or psyche or whatever. It's probably a disorder of some sort. If so, I'll add it to the list.

Meantime, here's a Tauren I did. Looks nothing like a WOW Tauren, more like something Popeye would fight, but Popeye's cool, so no problems there. I'll wanna add a BG at some point, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. COol! you gotta show this to the WOW freaks.

    Hehe, and yes, wow is great, blah blah blah.

    :P

    ReplyDelete