The comments and views expressed here do not reflect those of my employer, my doctor, my bookie, or anyone really, including myself.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Carlos the Turtle


Sometimes Sorcha will run up to me with pencil and paper and say "Daddy, draw something!" The drawings I produce on these occasions are rarely what you'd call Great Art, and usually inspire comments like, "gee, Daddy, it doesn't LOOK like a gorilla." (if you ever think you're a great draughtsman, try drawing in front of a five year old)

This time, though, she said she liked this turtle, so I wrote him a little verse, and here he is.

(the robot I drew five minutes later got a lukewarm reception, and will not be posted) :)

Carlos the Turtle
Was happy as clams
He didn't have email
So he never got spams
He didn't need gas
'Cause he didn't have cars
He had beaches and oceans
And the sun and the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment